Are you one of the many people who are concerned about having a comfortable retirement? If so, you’re like most people. We all hope to have a comfortable retirement, but reaching that goal can be difficult without the right investments. Fortunately, there are a number of investments you can make to ensure that you have a comfortable retirement. In this blog post, William Schantz lists some of the most popular investments for a comfortable retirement. Whether you’re looking for stable returns or tax breaks, this article will help you find the perfect investment plan! Keep reading to learn more!
List of Investments That Are Sure To Make Your Retirement Comfortable
There are a lot of things to think about when you’re planning for retirement. But one of the most important considerations is how you’ll generate income during those golden years.
Most people rely on Social Security benefits, but that alone may not be enough to cover all your expenses. That’s why it’s crucial to have other sources of retirement income.
Fortunately, there are a variety of options available, from traditional investments like stocks and bonds to more unconventional choices like annuities and real estate.
No matter what your financial goals are, there’s sure to be an investment that’s right for you. Here’s a look at some of the best retirement investments:
1. Stocks: While stocks can be volatile, they have the potential to generate a lot of growth over the long term. That makes them an ideal choice for retirement planning.
There are a few different ways to invest in stocks, according to William Schantz. You can buy individual shares of stock, which gives you ownership of a company. Or you can invest in a mutual fund or exchange-traded fund (ETF), which pools money from many investors and allows you to buy a basket of stocks with one purchase.
2. Bonds: Bonds are loans that investors make to entities like corporations or governments. In exchange for lending money, the borrower agrees to pay interest on the loan and return the principal when it comes due.
Bonds tend to be much less volatile than stocks, so that they can provide stability for your portfolio. And because they offer fixed payments, they can be a great source of income during retirement.
3. Annuities: An annuity is an insurance product that can provide guaranteed income for life. Immediate and deferred are the two major types of annuities.
An immediate annuity starts giving you payments right away. On the other hand, a deferred annuity offers you payments later in life, which allows the money to grow tax-deferred.
4. Real estate: Real estate can be a great investment for retirement because it can provide a steady stream of income through rental payments. And as the value of your property increases over time, you’ll have built-up equity to tap into if needed.
There are a number of different ways to invest in real estate, from buying a property outright to investing in a real estate investment trust (REIT).
5. Cash: While cash may not offer the same growth potential as other investments, it can be a great way to preserve your capital and provide stability for your portfolio.
And with interest rates currently at historic lows, now is a great time to park your money in a high-yield savings account or CD.
No matter what your retirement goals are, there’s an investment that’s right for you, says William Schantz. By diversifying your portfolio and including a mix of these different asset classes, you can generate the income you need to maintain your lifestyle during retirement.
The Concluding Thoughts
No one knows for certain what the future will hold, but by making smart investments today, you can make your retirement more comfortable no matter what comes your way. Review these options by William Schantz and start planning for your future today!